- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 4 1/2 ounces gluten-free tortilla chips (about 6 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (1.5-ounce) gluten-free sandwich rolls
- 12 (1/8-inch-thick) slices red onion
- 4 lettuce leaves
- calories 483
- fat 20.3 g
- satfat 3.5 g
- monofat 6.3 g
- polyfat 3.8 g
- protein 25.7 g
- carbohydrate 50.5 g
- fiber 6.7 g
- cholesterol 49 mg
- iron 1.4 mg
- sodium 889 mg
- calcium 49 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients; refrigerate until ready to prepare sandwiches.
Combine egg whites and next 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Cut chicken breast halves in half horizontally to form 4 cutlets. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Place tortilla chips in a food processor; process 1 minute or until ground. Place ground chips in a shallow dish.
Working with one cutlet at a time, remove chicken from bag, allowing excess marinade to drip off. Coat chicken completely in chips. Set aside. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken and chips.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan, swirling to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and done. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over cut sides of rolls. Layer bottom half of each roll with 3 onion slices, 1 lettuce leaf, and 1 chicken cutlet; top with top halves of rolls.