Delicious, a bit more work than just slopping mayonaise into shredded chicken. Also a bit rough on the breath, but VERY delicious. I threw in some fresh jalapeno and crushed red pepper to increse the spice. If you're looking for a zesty and flavorful Chicken Salad this is for you.
Spicy Chicken Salad With Veggies
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup thin carrot strips
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 avocados
- Red leaf lettuce leaves
- Stir together 2 tablespoons lemon juice, yogurt, and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until blended. Stir in chicken and next 4 ingredients. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Peel and thinly slice avocados. Spoon salad over lettuce leaves. Toss avocado slices in remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and arrange slices around chicken salad.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Tabasco Pepper Sauce for hot sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note