I was quite disappointed in this recipe considering the good reviews it got. It was not "Spicy" at all. The flavor was just okay and I made it as written.
Spicy Chicken-Rice Bowl
Jennifer Davick; Buffy Hargett; Vanessa McNeil Rocchio
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Savory Baked Chicken, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh steamed green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, milk, and coconut milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture is thick and bubbly. Stir in curry paste and next 3 ingredients. Stir chicken, green beans, and red bell pepper strips into curry mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro. Serve chicken mixture over rice. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes