I was quite disappointed in this recipe considering the good reviews it got. It was not "Spicy" at all. The flavor was just okay and I made it as written.
Spicy Chicken-Rice Bowl
Make a spicy, creamy chicken mixture with shredded cooked chicken, coconut milk, curry paste, and lime juice and serve over cooked rice for an easy one-dish meal.
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Savory Baked Chicken, shredded (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh steamed green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- 1. Prepare rice according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken broth, milk, and coconut milk. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 2 minutes or until mixture is thick and bubbly. Stir in curry paste and next 3 ingredients. Stir chicken, green beans, and red bell pepper strips into curry mixture; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro. Serve chicken mixture over rice. Sprinkle with remaining chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note