These are delicious and easy to prepare. Loved the pop from the pickled jalapenos. Used all of the listed ingredients and added some black beans. Put the salsa inside the quesadillas. Will definitely make again.
Spicy Chicken Quesadillas
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 328
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 29.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 786mg
- Calcium: 248mg
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken (about 8 ounces), divided
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir until blended.
- Place 1/4 cup chopped chicken over half of 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon onion mixture; fold in half. Repeat procedure with the remaining tortillas, chicken, cheese, and onion mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla in half. Serve with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note