Easy and tasty lunch. I used leftover grilled pork and mixed everything together including some salsa and the cheese. Since I use a double sided griddle, I sprayed the tortillas with cooking spray first, then spread the mixture on a tortilla and topped with another tortilla. In two minutes, they were ready! Cut with a pizza cutter. The cilantro makes the difference in this recipe, so be sure to use it.
Spicy Chicken Quesadillas
Fresh herbs and pickled jalapenos brighten up these simple yet spicy chicken quesadillas. Serve with a tossed green salad and a side of black beans to round out the meal.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 quesadilla and 3 tablespoons salsa)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 328
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 29.4g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 786mg
- Calcium: 248mg
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 2)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken (about 8 ounces), divided
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl; stir until blended.
- Place 1/4 cup chopped chicken over half of 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon onion mixture; fold in half. Repeat procedure with the remaining tortillas, chicken, cheese, and onion mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Place 2 quesadillas in pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Repeat procedure with remaining quesadillas. Cut each quesadilla in half. Serve with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes