Delicious! Makes a great salad with mango salsa and raspberry chipotle dressing I used soft tortillas and worked the recipe with another recipe I had from Publix's Apron Baja Chicken Tacos. Enjoy!
Spicy Chicken-Pineapple Tacos
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 230
- Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Carbohydrate: 17.7g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 564mg
- Calcium: 62mg
- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Mexican-style chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 (8-inch) soft taco-size corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: chopped radishes, fresh cilantro leaves, crumbled queso fresco, chopped onions, chopped jalapeño
- 1. Combine chicken and next 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- 2. Cook chicken mixture in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve mixture with warm tortillas and desired toppings.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Gourmet Collection Mexican-Style Chili Powder.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per taco with flour tortilla and 1/2 cup chicken mixture (not including toppings).
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note