- 1 pound skinned and boned chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) can pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Mexican-style chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 6 (8-inch) soft taco-size corn or flour tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: chopped radishes, fresh cilantro leaves, crumbled queso fresco, chopped onions, chopped jalapeño
- calories 230
- fat 10.4 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 3.5 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 15.5 g
- carbohydrate 17.7 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- cholesterol 50 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 564 mg
- calcium 62 mg
How to Make It
Combine chicken and next 9 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag. Seal and chill 4 to 24 hours.
Cook chicken mixture in hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Serve mixture with warm tortillas and desired toppings.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Gourmet Collection Mexican-Style Chili Powder.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per taco with flour tortilla and 1/2 cup chicken mixture (not including toppings).