Spicy Chicken and Pasta Stew
Yield: 4 (1 1/2-cup) servings.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Calories from fat: 18%
- Fat: 5.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 27.6g
- Carbohydrate: 30.2g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 689mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 4 ounces bow tie or penne pasta, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound skinned, boned chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- 1 (16-ounce) can no-salt-added chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cups tightly packed torn fresh spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain and set aside.
- While pasta cooks, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until hot. Meanwhile, cut chicken into 1-inch pieces. Add chicken and garlic to skillet; cook 5 minutes or until chicken is done, stirring occasionally. Add broth, tomatoes, and crushed pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Add pasta and spinach to saucepan. Cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally. Ladle stew into individual bowls; sprinkle evenly with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews