Spicy Chicken Nuggets
- 10 chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Vegetable oil
- Place chicken pieces in a shallow pan; combine buttermilk and eggs, and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, thyme, and paprika in a medium mixing bowl; stir well. Drain chicken, and dredge each piece in flour mixture.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet to 375°. Add chicken in several batches, and fry 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently. Add additional oil, if necessary. Drain well on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note