Spicy Chicken Nuggets
- 10 chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Vegetable oil
- Place chicken pieces in a shallow pan; combine buttermilk and eggs, and pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, thyme, and paprika in a medium mixing bowl; stir well. Drain chicken, and dredge each piece in flour mixture.
- Heat 1 inch of oil in a large skillet to 375°. Add chicken in several batches, and fry 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning frequently. Add additional oil, if necessary. Drain well on paper towels.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers