Good, very messy, but who cares?? Nice, light fresh taste. I probably won't make again b/c I've had better Asian chicken lettuce cup recipes. But it was worth making once.
Spicy-Sweet Chicken Lettuce Cups
A quick vinegar soak keeps the chicken moist and intensely flavorful in this light dish.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 147
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 4.7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 265mg
- Calcium: 25mg
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced serrano chile
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrot
- 1 1/2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken thigh or drumstick
- 12 butter lettuce leaves
- 24 English cucumber slices
- 6 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil; cook 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in carrot; let stand 10 minutes to soften. Add chicken to carrot mixture; let stand 5 minutes. Drain and discard liquid.
- 2. Place about 1/4 cup chicken mixture in each lettuce leaf, and top each lettuce leaf with 2 cucumber slices, 1 1/2 teaspoons peanuts, and 1 teaspoon mint.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note