Spicy Chicken Kabobs
More From Southern Living
Soak: 30 Minutes
- 6 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 assorted bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small red onions, quartered
- 2 teaspoons seasoned black pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
- 1. Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- 2. Whisk together peanut butter, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, lime rind, and red pepper flakes. Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag; pour peanut butter mixture over chicken. Seal bag, and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- 3. Thread chicken, peppers, and onions alternately onto skewers. Sprinkle kabobs evenly with seasoned pepper; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- 4. Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This