- 6 (12-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated lime rind
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 assorted bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small red onions, quartered
- 2 teaspoons seasoned black pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Garnish: fresh thyme sprigs
How to Make It
Soak wooden skewers in water 30 minutes to prevent burning.
Whisk together peanut butter, water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, lime rind, and red pepper flakes. Place chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag; pour peanut butter mixture over chicken. Seal bag, and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours. Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
Thread chicken, peppers, and onions alternately onto skewers. Sprinkle kabobs evenly with seasoned pepper; lightly coat with cooking spray.
Grill kabobs, covered with grill lid, over medium heat (300° to 350°) 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Garnish, if desired.