Spicy Chicken Chili
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) onion, chopped
- 5 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes, 150 oz undrained
- 2 can(s) unsweetened low sodium corn undrained
- 2 can(s) cannellini beans undrained
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) cornstarch
- 2 pound(s) chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- Emeril's chicken rub
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 3 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 teaspoon(s) basil leaves dried and chopped
- Spray large stew pot with cooking spray (or olive oil). Saute onions, garlic, jalapeno. When softened, add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, corn, all the spices, cannellini beans. Bring to boil on medium heat. Gradually add cornstarch to milk and gradually add to stew to thicken. Cook all day, varying temperature as needed.
- 90 minutes prior to serving, cube the chicken. Rub generously with the chicken rub. Cook in skillet. Then add to stew along with the cilantro.
- Better on 2nd day after it thickens. Serve with cornbread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kubedoo and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Chicken Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes