Spicy Chicken Chili
Community Recipe from
- 2 clove(s) garlic Chopped
- 1 onion Chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 pound(s) chicken Thin Strips
- 4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cup(s) canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounce(s) pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce(s) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook until they start to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Increase the heat to moderate and stir in the chicken strips. Cook until they are no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Add the jalapenos, the tomatoes with their juice, and the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3.Uncover the saucepan and stir in the beans and black pepper. Simmer until the chili is thickened, about 15 minutes longer. Serve topped with the cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by uiquint and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes