Spicy Chicken Chili
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 clove(s) garlic Chopped
- 1 onion Chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1 pound(s) chicken Thin Strips
- 4 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 1/2 cup(s) canned crushed tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cup(s) canned low-sodium chicken broth
- 15 ounce(s) pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce(s) black beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/3 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook until they start to soften, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Increase the heat to moderate and stir in the chicken strips. Cook until they are no longer pink, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Add the jalapenos, the tomatoes with their juice, and the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3.Uncover the saucepan and stir in the beans and black pepper. Simmer until the chili is thickened, about 15 minutes longer. Serve topped with the cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by uiquint and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note