I didnt have focaccia so I used corn tortillas that I warmed up in the pan. Delish! Will make again!
Spicy Chicken and Arugula Sandwich
Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
We found plain focaccia, perfect for this sandwich, at the deli counter. The arugula adds a peppery bite, but any other salad green will work.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 341
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.4g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 37.6g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 545mg
- Calcium: 35mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (9-ounce) round loaf focaccia, halved horizontally
- 1 medium ripe tomato, thinly sliced (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups trimmed arugula
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place plastic wrap over chicken; pound each piece to a 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with fajita seasoning. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Cut into (1-inch-thick) slices.
- While chicken cooks, combine mayonnaise, cilantro, rind, and juice; spread evenly over cut sides of bread. Arrange chicken on bottom half of bread; top with tomato and arugula. Cover with top half of bread. Cut into 4 wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note