Spicy Cheese Oven Fries
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Carbohydrate: 28.9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-size baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or table salt
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz.) shredded reduced-fat pepper Jack cheese
- Ketchup (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Rinse potatoes in cold water. Drain and pat dry. Toss together potatoes, oil, salt, and a pinch of ground red pepper in a large bowl.
- 2. Place a lightly greased wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Arrange potatoes in a single layer on wire rack.
- 3. Bake at 450° for 40 to 45 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 1 more minute or until cheese is melted. Serve with ketchup, if desired.
- Note: Nutritional analysis does not include ketchup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables