Spicy Cheese Cocktail Biscuits
For best results, don't use preshredded Cheddar cheese—instead, grate your own. To give the biscuits a spicier flavor, use the larger amount of ground red pepper. Serve a sparkling white wine, such as Domaine Ste. Michelle Cuvée Brut, Washington (about $12), with these cheese straw-like appetizers.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 15 Minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 28 pecan halves
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add cheese, beating well. Combine flour, salt, and red pepper; gradually add to cheese mixture, beating well.
- Shape dough into 1/2-inch balls; place on ungreased baking sheets. Press a pecan half into each ball to flatten.
- Bake at 350° for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note