Spicy Cheddar-Stuffed Burgers
Remaining chipotle pepper puree may be frozen in a zip-top plastic freezer bag to use at another time.
Shape patties like a pro: Cut the unwrapped ground meat into the number of patties called for in the recipe; then gently roll portions into balls, and flatten by pressing each one once with the palm of your hand.
More From Southern Living
- 1 (7-oz.) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 (10-oz.) block sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into 6 thick slices
- 6 sesame seed hamburger buns
- Toppings: tomato slices, red onion slices, romaine lettuce leaves, yellow mustard, mayonnaise
- 1. Process chipotle peppers in a blender until smooth. Combine ground beef, steak seasoning, and 3 to 4 tsp. chipotle pepper puree, in a large bowl until blended. (Do not overwork meat mixture.) Reserve remaining puree for another use.
- 2. Shape beef mixture into 12 (4-inch) patties; place 1 cheese slice on each of 6 patties. Top with remaining 6 patties, pressing edges to seal. Cover and chill 30 minutes to 8 hours.
- 3. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Grill patties, covered with grill lid, 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink in center. Serve burgers on buns with desired toppings.
- Note: We tested with McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note