- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, undrained
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons steak seasoning
- 1/2 (10-ounce) package Cheddar cheese, cut into 4 thick (1.25-ounce) slices
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- Toppings: tomato slices, red onion slices, romaine lettuce leaves, yellow mustard, mayonnaise
How to Make It
Process chipotle peppers in a blender until smooth. Measure 4 teaspoons puree, reserving remainder for another use, if desired.
Combine 4 teaspoons puree, ground beef, and steak seasoning in a large bowl until blended. (Do not overwork meat mixture.) Shape mixture into 8 (4-inch) patties; place 1 cheese slice on each of 4 patties. Top with remaining 4 patties, pressing edges to seal. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until beef is no longer pink. Serve burgers on buns with desired toppings.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Grill Mates Montreal Steak Seasoning and Cracker Barrel Sharp Cheddar Cheese.