Spicy Cavatelli with Broccoli
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 418
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 11g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- 1 pound cavatelli or large pasta shells
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 6 cups frozen broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 lb.), thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and crushed red pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally, until broth is reduced by half and onion is tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in broccoli florets and cook over low heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Just before draining pasta, pour out 1 1/2 cups cooking water and set it aside. Drain pasta thoroughly in a colander and then return it to pot. Remove garlic from broccoli skillet sauce; discard.
- Add sauce, salt, and 1 to 1 1/2 cups pasta cooking liquid, as desired, to pasta to make a nice sauce. Toss well to coat pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and toss again. Serve with extra Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This