Spicy Cavatelli with Broccoli
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 418
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 53g
- Fiber: 11g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- 1 pound cavatelli or large pasta shells
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1/2 to 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 6 cups frozen broccoli florets (about 1 1/2 lb.), thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chicken broth and crushed red pepper and simmer, stirring occasionally, until broth is reduced by half and onion is tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in broccoli florets and cook over low heat until warmed through, about 3 minutes.
- Just before draining pasta, pour out 1 1/2 cups cooking water and set it aside. Drain pasta thoroughly in a colander and then return it to pot. Remove garlic from broccoli skillet sauce; discard.
- Add sauce, salt, and 1 to 1 1/2 cups pasta cooking liquid, as desired, to pasta to make a nice sauce. Toss well to coat pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and toss again. Serve with extra Parmesan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note