Spicy Catfish with Vegetables and Basil Cream
More From Southern Living
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 4 (6- to 8-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Garnish: fresh basil sprigs
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn, onion, and peppers; sauté 6 to 8 minutes or until tender. Stir in salt and pepper; spoon onto serving dish, and keep warm.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, and Creole seasoning in a large shallow dish. Dip fillets in buttermilk, and dredge in flour mixture.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter with oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fillets, in batches, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove and arrange over vegetables.
- Add cream to skillet, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Add chopped basil, and cook, stirring often, 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce with fillets and vegetables. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes