- 2 pounds carrots, scraped
- 4 cups water
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Cut carrots crosswise into 1/2- inch slices. Combine water and 2 teaspoons salt in a small Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add carrots; reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add butter, onion, garlic, and remaining salt to carrots in Dutch oven. Cover; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes. Remove garlic; discard. Add vinegar; mix well. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with chives. Serve hot.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note