Spicy Butternut Squash and Pear Soup
"One-pot soup for dinner" by Alicia Ross, United Feature Syndicate. Kitchen Scoop. Miracle soup that comes together in just 5 minutes. Accompany with wheat crackers with mild cheese and grape clusters. Recipe published in the Winston-Salem Journal: January 11, 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 15-ounce can(s) butternut squash puree (See Note)
- 1 15-ounce can(s) pear halves, packed in pear juice, drained well (See Note)
- 1 vegetable or chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoon(s) cream, optional
- Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Or combine all ingredients in a blender, puree and then transfer to saucepan to heat. Once soup is steaming, divide soup into soup bowls to serve. Swirl in cream if using and salt to taste. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note