Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Buffalo-style hot sauce, divided
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- 1/3 cup refrigerated blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- 12 large deli-fried chicken strips (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled blue cheese
- Buffalo-style hot sauce (optional)
- 1. Stir together butter and 2 tsp. hot sauce. Brush cut sides of rolls evenly with mixture. Place, cut sides up, on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Stir together blue cheese dressing, 2 tsp. to 3 tsp. hot sauce, and Creole seasoning. Add carrots, celery, and, if desired, onion; toss to coat.
- 4. Arrange chicken on bottom halves of rolls; drizzle evenly with remaining hot sauce. Layer chicken evenly with carrot mixture and crumbled blue cheese. Top with remaining roll halves. Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Frank's Original Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce, T. Marzetti's The Ultimate Blue Cheese refrigerated dressing, and Zatarain's Creole Seasoning.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This