- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Buffalo-style hot sauce, divided
- 6 hoagie rolls, split
- 1/3 cup refrigerated blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (optional)
- 12 large deli-fried chicken strips (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 (4-oz.) package crumbled blue cheese
- Buffalo-style hot sauce (optional)
How to Make It
Stir together butter and 2 tsp. hot sauce. Brush cut sides of rolls evenly with mixture. Place, cut sides up, on a baking sheet.
Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted.
Stir together blue cheese dressing, 2 tsp. to 3 tsp. hot sauce, and Creole seasoning. Add carrots, celery, and, if desired, onion; toss to coat.
Arrange chicken on bottom halves of rolls; drizzle evenly with remaining hot sauce. Layer chicken evenly with carrot mixture and crumbled blue cheese. Top with remaining roll halves. Serve with additional hot sauce, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Frank's Original Buffalo Hot Wing Sauce, T. Marzetti's The Ultimate Blue Cheese refrigerated dressing, and Zatarain's Creole Seasoning.