I roasted the sprouts instead of boiliing to give them more flavor. Excellent side dish!
Spicy Brussels Sprouts with Fried Capers
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 133
- Calories from fat: 65%
- Protein: 3.9g
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sodium: 461mg
- Cholesterol: 0.8mg
- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/2 cup drained brined capers
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp. red chile flakes
- 1/2 lemon
- 1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add brussels sprouts and cook just until tender and bright green, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Meanwhile, blot capers on a paper towel. Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add capers and cook, stirring carefully (mixture will splatter), until capers start to open and are brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer capers to a paper towel to drain.
- 3. Add garlic and anchovies to pan and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add brussels sprouts and chile flakes and stir to coat with oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle with capers and a squeeze of lemon.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables