Spicy Broccoli Sprout Sushi
Community Recipe from
- 1 bar(s) broccoli
- Spicy Broccoli Sprout Sushi
- Vegetarian Times Issue: March 1, 2009 p.39 — Member Rating: -
- Spicy sprouts, such as broccoli, arugula, or leek, give sushi rolls a delicate crunch and peppery flavor. A sushi mat makes it easy to wrap the nori and rice tightly around fillings, but it’s not necessary.
- Ingredient List
- Serves 4
- * 2 tsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- * 1/2 cup sushi rice, rinsed and drained
- * 2 sheets nori (roasted seaweed)
- * Hot sesame oil, for sprinkling, optional
- * 4 slices avocado
- * 4 slices red bell pepper
- * 2 slices baked seasoned Asian-style tofu, each cut into 4 thin strips
- * 2 Tbs. pickled ginger, drained
- * 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts
- * Soy sauce and wasabi for dipping
- 1. Place sushi rice and 1/2 cup water in small saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat, and cool 20 minutes. Stir in rice vinegar.
- 2. Place 1 sheet nori on sushi mat or work surface. Spread half of warm rice over nori with back of spoon, leaving 11/2-inch edges on top and bottom to seal sushi, but spreading rice all the way to both sides. Sprinkle rice with hot sesame oil, if using.
- 3. Lay 2 avocado slices, 2 bell pepper slices, and 4 tofu strips in lines down center of rice. Top with 1 Tbs. pickled ginger and 1/4 cup broccoli sprouts. Brush edges of nori with water. Tightly roll nori around rice and filling, pressing bare edge at top to seal. Cut into 8 pieces with sharp knife. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
- Nutritional Information
- Per 4-piece serving: Calories: 201, Protein: 9g, Total fat: 6g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 27g, Cholesterol: mg, Sodium: 247mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 2g
This recipe is a personal recipe added by corlove0106 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Broccoli Sprout Sushi Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes