Excellent recipe, and very simple to make! Served with CL Coconut-Chile Snapper with Caribbean Bean Puree and Puerto Rican Cabbage Salad.
Spicy Boiled Shrimp With Creamy Buttermilk-Avocado Sauce
Tip: To ensure that shrimp stay chilled, place half out when guests arrive, and replenish the platter as needed.
More From Southern Living
Chill: 1 Hour
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined large cooked shrimp with tails (26/30 count)
- 2 lemons
- 4 teaspoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 (5-oz.) package mixed baby greens, thoroughly washed
- Creamy Buttermilk-Avocado Sauce
- 1. Bring 2 qt. water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add shrimp, and cook 30 seconds. Drain, rinse under cool running water, and place in a small bowl.
- 2. Fill a medium bowl with ice. Place bowl containing shrimp in ice. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
- 3. Squeeze juice from lemons through a small strainer over shrimp in a large bowl, drizzle with hot sauce, and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Creole seasoning, and toss to coat. Serve shrimp over mixed greens with Creamy Buttermilk-Avocado Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This