I had the same problem...I have cooked it for an hour and it is just like a thin syrup. I agree that the flavor is good.. I have to think of something to thicken it with..maybe tapioca..
Spicy Blueberry-Citrus Marmalade
Yield: Makes 5 (1/2-pint) jars
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- 2 cups fresh blueberries*
- 2 cups sugar
- Cut rinds from citrus fruit into thin strips. Set aside.
- Squeeze juice and pulp from orange, lemon, and lime into a bowl. Set aside.
- Bring rind strips, 2 cups water, and red pepper to a boil in a saucepan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until rinds are very tender.
- Add blueberries, sugar, and citrus pulp and juice to saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil; boil, uncovered and stirring often, 15 minutes or until a gel forms. Remove from heat; skim off any foam.
- Pour hot mixture immediately into hot, sterilized jars, filling to 1/4 inch from top. Remove air bubbles; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water-bath 10 minutes.
- *2 cups frozen blueberries, thawed, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments