Spicy Blackened Tilapia
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 piece(s) tilapia filets
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) thyme
- peanut sauce
- Combine the paprika, chipotle powder, garlic powder, and thyme in a small bowl and mix to blend together. Coat both sides of both tilapia with the spice mixture. Allow to rest for about 10 minutes. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place both tilapia in the pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip gently and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. The fish is done when the center is white and opaque. No part of it should be translucent. The fish will break apart easily when cooked so be careful when placing it on a plate. Serve with peanut sauce drizzled over the top. Enjoy immediately with veggies and/or pasta with the peanut sauce!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bstrubel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note