Spicy Black Beans and Rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) onion (1 medium) chopped
- 4 whole(s) cloves garlic minced
- 1 whole(s) 15-ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 whole(s) 14 1/2-ounce can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground red pepper
- 2 cup(s) hot cooked brown or long grain rice
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped onion (optional)
- 1. In a medium saucepan cook the 1/2 cup onion and garlic in hot oil till tender but not brown. Carefully stir in beans, undrained tomatoes ,and ground red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. To serve, mound rice on serving plates; make a well in each mound. Spoon the black bean mixture into wells. If desired, sprinkle with the 1/4 cup chopped onion. Makes 4 main-dish servings.
- Nutrition Facts per serving: 280 calories, 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 47 g carbo, 7 g fiber, 11 g pro
- *We often add ham as well
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bstrubel and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Spicy Black Beans and Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes