Pretty good as written and very quick. The lime juice and cilantro make a tasty dressing, but I did find that a sprinkle of ground cumin helped to balance out the lime juice and add another layer of flavor. This would be a good base for variations (e.g., add corn, avocado, tomatoes, green chilis, cheese...). Next time I will try adding some garlic and/or onions.
Spicy Black Beans
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Sodium: 156mg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add bell pepper and minced jalapeño pepper; sauté 4 minutes. Add fresh lime juice, salt, and black beans. Cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note