Easy, fast, healthy & delicious. My hummus turned out kind of gray, the taste makes up for that. Great recipe, I think I might try adding roasted red peppers next time.
Spicy Black Bean Hummus
"Wow" your guests at your next gathering with this super easy and delicious spicy black bean hummus.
Category Winner: Starters & Drinks. "I created this recipe three years ago based on a popular appetizer my friends ordered at a pizzeria in Greenville, South Carolina. I researched the ingredients and added my own variations to suit my preference for spicy flavors. I received glowing feedback from my husband and friends, and now I keep this recipe on hand for parties and tailgates." —Maureen Redmond, Easley, SC
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 148
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 4.5g
- Carbohydrate: 20.6g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 381mg
- Calcium: 16mg
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) bag pita chips (such as Stacy's Simply Naked)
- 1. Place garlic in a food processor; process until finely chopped. Add lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt, black beans, jalapeño pepper, and crushed red pepper; process until smooth. Spoon bean mixture into a medium bowl, and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with ground red pepper. Serve with pita chips.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note