One-Pot Spicy Black Bean Chili
Serve this spicy dish with crunchy tortilla chips or a pan of warm cornbread.
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 (16-oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (16-oz.) pkg. frozen corn
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can tomatoes with chiles
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 (7-oz.) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Optional: salsa, fresh cilantro sprigs
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until onion softens and begins to brown. Add beans, corn, tomatoes, water and taco seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine chiles in sauce and vinegar in a blender; process until pureed. Stir chile mixture and cilantro into chili, adding more taco seasoning mix if a spicier chili is preferred; heat through. Divide among 4 soup bowls; top with dollops of sour cream. Garnish with salsa and a sprig of cilantro, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note