spicy Black Bean Burgers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 beans drained
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper (diced)
- 2 cup black beans (canned black beans mashed)
- 1/2 cup corn (niblets)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp parsley (minced optional)
- Preparation Steps:
- 1. On a small plate, set aside flour for coating. In a medium saucepan, sauté the onion, garlic, oregano, and hot peppers in oil on medium-high heat until the onions are translucent. Add the peppers and sauté another 2 minutes, until pepper is tender. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the black beans with a potato masher or fork. Stir in the vegetables (including the corn), breadcrumbs, cumin, salt, chili powder, and parsley. Mix well. Divide and shape into 6 patties.
- 3. Lay down each patty in flour, coating each side. Cook on a lightly oiled frying pan on medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until browned on both sides.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by karolee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
spicy Black Bean Burgers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes