- 1 pound dried black beans
- 4 cups water
- Cooking spray
- 8 ounces turkey kielbasa, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, scraped and coarsely chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans zesty jalapeño diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Madeira wine or water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper or 3/4 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can beef consommé
- 10 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Fresh cilantro sprigs (optional)
- calories 240
- fat 2.9 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- protein 15.2 g
- carbohydrate 39.1 g
- cholesterol 14 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 920 mg
- caloriesfromfat 11 %
- fiber 11 g
- calcium 103 mg
How to Make It
Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 1 inch above beans. Let soak 8 hours.
Drain beans; add 4 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
Brown sausage in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium- high heat, stirring often. Remove from pan, and set aside.
Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and next 3 ingredients; sauté until tender. Add mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes.
Add vegetable mixture to Dutch oven when beans are tender. Stir in tomato and next 6 ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover; reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring once. Ladle into individual bowls; top each with sour cream. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.