- 1 large tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 large sweet onion, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander, divided
- 2 small fresh Thai peppers or serrano peppers
- 1 stalk lemongrass, coarsely chopped*
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Mixed salad greens
- Garnish: sliced green onions
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients; set aside.
Rub steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon coriander.
Process remaining 1 teaspoon salt, remaining 1 teaspoon coriander, and next 9 ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth. Chill dressing 1 hour.
Grill steak, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 6 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Thinly slice steak.
Place steak and vegetable mixture in a large bowl, and drizzle with dressing, tossing to coat. Serve over salad greens; garnish, if desired.
*2 teaspoons grated lemon rind may be substituted.