Spicy Beef and Black Beans
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 oven bag (Large size - 14- x 20-inch)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Tortilla chips
- Garnish: tomato slices, chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place oven bag in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Add flour to oven bag; twist end of bag, and shake.
- Drain 1 can tomatoes. Add tomatoes and remaining undrained can tomatoes to bag; squeeze to blend ingredients. Add beans and next 3 ingredients to bag. Arrange ingredients in an even layer.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut 6 (1/2-inch) slits in top of bag.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve over tortilla chips. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes