Spicy Beef and Black Beans
- 1 oven bag (Large size - 14- x 20-inch)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (10 1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Tortilla chips
- Garnish: tomato slices, chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place oven bag in a 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Add flour to oven bag; twist end of bag, and shake.
- Drain 1 can tomatoes. Add tomatoes and remaining undrained can tomatoes to bag; squeeze to blend ingredients. Add beans and next 3 ingredients to bag. Arrange ingredients in an even layer.
- Close oven bag with nylon tie; cut 6 (1/2-inch) slits in top of bag.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and serve over tortilla chips. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note