We've been making this since 2008 and we still LOVE it. It's easy and super tasty. Even our kids eat the chicken (and they also gobble up the left over prosciutto from the package, I must admit.) Rice or orzo work well for soaking up the sauce.
Spicy Basque-Style Chicken
Smoked paprika is a traditional ingredient in Spanish cuisine, and adds a nice punch of flavor in this spicy dish prepared in the style of Spain's northwestern Basque region . Serve the chicken with saffron rice to soak up the tasty sauce.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 264
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 36.2g
- Carbohydrate: 8g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 876mg
- Calcium: 92mg
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast tenders
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 2 (10-ounce) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine paprika and pepper; sprinkle evenly over chicken. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes. Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds. Turn chicken over. Add olives and tomatoes to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with prosciutto and parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note