Spicy Baked Pears with Yogurt
Notes: Arlene Moorehead serves warm baked pears to start breakfast. If making up to 1 day ahead, complete through step 2, then cover and chill; uncover to continue.
Prep and cook time: About 35 minutes
More From Sunset
- Calories: 210
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Protein: 3.1g
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 firm-ripe pears (each 10 oz.)
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups vanilla-flavor nonfat yogurt
- Fresh-grated nutmeg
- 1. In a 9- by 13-inch casserole, mix sugar, cinnamon, mace, and cloves and spread evenly.
- 2. Rinse pears, cut in half lengthwise, core, and stem. Lay pears, cut side down, in a single layer on sugar mixture. Dot with butter and pour orange juice evenly over fruit.
- 3. Bake in a 350° oven until sauce is bubbling and pears are hot, about 20 minutes.
- 4. Transfer pears to shallow bowls and spoon sauce over them. Top each portion with a dollop of yogurt and a dusting of nutmeg.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note