- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 firm-ripe pears (each 10 oz.)
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups vanilla-flavor nonfat yogurt
- Fresh-grated nutmeg
- calories 210
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- protein 3.1 g
- fat 5.3 g
- satfat 3 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 3.2 g
- sodium 85 mg
- cholesterol 14 mg
How to Make It
In a 9- by 13-inch casserole, mix sugar, cinnamon, mace, and cloves and spread evenly.
Rinse pears, cut in half lengthwise, core, and stem. Lay pears, cut side down, in a single layer on sugar mixture. Dot with butter and pour orange juice evenly over fruit.
Bake in a 350° oven until sauce is bubbling and pears are hot, about 20 minutes.
Transfer pears to shallow bowls and spoon sauce over them. Top each portion with a dollop of yogurt and a dusting of nutmeg.