- 7 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (28 oz. each) barbecue-flavor baked beans, such as Bush's
- 1/4 cup bottled chili sauce (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika (see Notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Kosher salt (optional)
- calories 477
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- protein 14 g
- fat 19 g
- satfat 6.4 g
- carbohydrate 63 g
- fiber 11 g
- sodium 1325 mg
- cholesterol 21 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 2 1/2- to 3-qt. baking dish.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until beginning to brown but still limp. Stir in onion and cook until onion is soft and translucent and bacon is crisp, about 5 minutes more. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Add baked beans, chili sauce, Worcestershire, mustard, paprika, and cumin. Stir, taste to check seasonings, and add salt if you like.
Bake beans, uncovered, until bubbly throughout with a bit of browned crust around the edges of dish, about 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Chili sauce, such as Heinz brand, is sold in ketchup-style bottles in the supermarket condiment aisle. Smoked paprika from Spain (pimentón) is sold at gourmet grocery stores.