Spicy Backyard Barbecue Chicken Fajitas
Other: 8 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 1 (3- to 3 1/2-pound) chicken, quartered
- 2 cups spicy barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, sage, parsley, oregano, or marjoram)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 to 6 tortillas
- Simple Salsa Fresca
- Easy Guacamole
- 1. Rinse chicken, pat dry, and place in a shallow dish or large zip-top freezer bag. Pour barbecue sauce over chicken; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove chicken, reserving marinade. Sprinkle chicken with herbs, sea salt, and pepper, and place, skin side down, on grill. Grill, uncovered, on medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until slightly crispy, basting with reserved sauce. Turn chicken over, baste again, and cook 5 more minutes. Cover with grill lid, and cook 12 to 15 more minutes, basting several times. Turn chicken over, baste again, and grill, covered, for 12 to 15 more minutes or until cooked through (juices run clear).
- 3. Remove chicken, and let stand, loosely covered, for 5 minutes. Discard marinade. Remove meat from bones, and serve with tortillas, Simple Salsa Fresca, and Easy Guacamole. Or simply serve with additional barbecue sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note