I love this crisp. More ingredients than the usual crisp but it is sooooooooooooo worth it. I can't wait until fall to make it!!
Spicy Autumn Crisp
Tart apple contrasts with the sweet, deep flavors of spices and molasses. Try it with vanilla frozen yogurt.
Yield: 9 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 246
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 47.9g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 69mg
- Calcium: 54mg
- 9 gingersnap cookies (such as Nabisco)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chilled butter or stick margarine, cut into small pieces
- 3 1/2 cups chopped peeled Granny Smith apple (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled Bartlett pear (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates or golden raisins
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- To prepare topping, place cookies in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1/2 cup. Combine cookie crumbs, sugars, and flour in a medium bowl; cut in the butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly.
- To prepare filling, combine apple and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well. Spoon apple mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or a 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with topping. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note