This recipe was great! Next time we'll add more veggies to it, but it's tasty and very versatile.
Spicy Asian Chicken and Noodle Soup
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
This broth packs a lot of flavor in just a little time. If you don't have the Sriracha on hand, thin slices of jalapeño pepper make a good substitute for this soup recipe.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 197
- Fat: 2.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 19.9g
- Carbohydrate: 23.5g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 635mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 3 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1/2 cup grated carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced snow peas
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (hot chile sauce, such as Huy Fong)
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 (2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger
- 6 cups water
- 3 ounces uncooked wide rice sticks (rice-flour noodles)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Bring first 9 ingredients to a simmer in a medium saucepan; keep warm.
- 2. Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add rice noodles; cook 3 minutes. Drain. Place about 1/4 cup rice noodles in each of 4 bowls.
- 3. Discard ginger. Add juice to broth mixture; stir. Ladle 1 1/3 cups broth mixture over each serving; top with 1 tablespoon each mint, cilantro, and green onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This