Spicy Apricot Wings
Photo: Marcus Nilsson
Chef Way The cooks at Big Bob's marinate chicken wings for about four hours in a spicy apricot sauce before tossing them on the grill. Easy Way An apricot-based sauce brushed on chicken wings before grilling gives them plenty of flavor; extra sauce is good for dipping.
More From Food & Wine
- 1/2 hickory, apple or apricot wood chips
- 1/2 apricot preserves
- 2 Worcestershire sauce
- 2 light brown sugar
- 1 soy sauce
- 1 Dijon mustard
- 1 kosher salt
- 2 freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic powder
- 1 sweet paprika
- 1/2 cayenne pepper
- 1/4 ground ginger
- 3 chicken wings, wing tips removed and wings cut into 2 pieces
- Light a gas grill. Wrap the wood chips in heavy-duty foil and pierce the foil packet with a skewer. Add the packet to the grill. Cover and let the wood chips begin to smoke, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the apricot preserves with the Worcestershire sauce, light brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, sweet paprika, cayenne and ginger. Scrape half of the mixture into a small bowl. Add the chicken wings to the large bowl and toss to coat well in the sauce. Let the chicken wings stand for 5 minutes.
- Grill the chicken wings, covered, over moderately high heat, turning them occasionally, until they are charred in spots and cooked through, 22 to 25 minutes. Transfer the chicken wings to a platter and serve the reserved sauce on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This