- 2 1/2 pounds apples, a mixture of Red Delicious and Granny Smith (10-12)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. Peel, core, and cut the apples into 1 1/2-inch pieces; place in a medium saucepan with sugar and 1/4 cup apple juice. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until apples are soft enough to mash, 50 to 60 minutes.
- 2. Add the remaining cup of apple juice, and continue to cook until the apples are very soft and break down, about 30 minutes. Using wooden spoon, stir to break large pieces. If applesauce gets too dry, add more juice, 1/4 cup at a time as needed. Remove saucepan from heat, and whisk apples until smooth. Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Serve at room temperature.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by BigSteve and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note