spicy and sour shrimp soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 ounce(s) tamarind or 2TBS tamarind concentrate
- 1/2 cup(s) boiling water
- 8 ounce(s) garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 cup(s) plus 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 2 shallots thinly sliced
- 3 stalks lemon grass
- 1 lg ripe tomatoe seeded and peeled cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) pineapple cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup(s) bamboo shoots
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 fresh red chili peppers minced
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh bean sprouts
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon(s) mint shredded
- soak lump tamarind for 15 min or until soft press through a fine sieve. . if concentrate is used dilute in 1/4 cup warm water. cut each shrimp into half lengthwise. In a bowl combine shrimp, garlic, 1 tsp of fish sauce, let stand x 30 min. Heat oil in sauce pan, add shallots and lemongrass without browning. Add tomato and sugar cook x until sl soft over mod high heat. Add pineapple and bamboo shoots and cook x 2minutes. Add 5 cups of water, bring to a boil. Stir in tamarind liquid, salt, and remaining 1/4 cup fish sauce. reduce heat to moderate and simmer x 5min. Stir in shrimp, chiles, bean sprouts, and cook x30 sec, add scallions and mint. remove from heat.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by elizabeth413 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note