Spiced Waffles with Sauteed Pears
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Stephana Bottom
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 473
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 11g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 76g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 98mg
- Sodium: 271mg
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 4 firm-ripe pears (about 2 lb.), peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a pan over low heat, melt 4 Tbsp. butter. In a bowl, mix flour, 2 Tbsp. brown sugar, baking powder, 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk milk and egg. Add milk mixture and 3 Tbsp. melted butter to flour mixture; stir until well blended.
- 2. Preheat oven to 200ºF. Warm a 6-inch nonstick waffle iron; brush with 1 Tbsp. melted butter. Spoon in 1/2 cup batter; spread evenly. Cook until golden brown and firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer waffles to a plate and keep warm in oven. Cook remaining waffles.
- 3. Melt remaining 1 Tbsp. butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add pears and sprinkle with lemon juice, remaining 2 Tbsp. brown sugar and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Cook, stirring gently, until juices are caramelized and pears are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 4. Transfer waffles to 4 serving plates and top with pears. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch