Spiced Turkey Burger with Pineapple-Papaya Salsa
The spicy kick in these turkey burgers pairs perfectly with the sweet flavor of the Pineapple-Papya Salsa.
More From Health
- Calories: 271
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Iron: 10mg
- Sodium: 649mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1 cup diced peeled papaya
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion, green parts only
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- Cooking spray
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1. Stir together pineapple, papaya, 1 tablespoon lime juice, scallion, 2 tablespoons cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, and cumin in a medium bowl.
- 2. Combine turkey with onion and remaining lime juice, cilantro, and Cajun seasoning. Form mixture into 3 1/2- x 1-inch patties.
- 3. Preheat a lightly oiled grill pan over moderate heat, and grill burgers, turning once, 5 minutes per side or until cooked through. (Use a meat thermometer to check that burgers have reached 165°.)
- 4. Toast rolls on grill. Top buns with burgers and salsa; serve immediately. Leftover salsa may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Use leftover salsa with fish, tacos, and tortilla chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note