Mindi gave us a heads-up that the ginger, thyme, and cloves combo was different but delicious. We agreed. Butter adds a richness and creaminess to the texture that's worth the calories.
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1. Stir together all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 to 7 minutes or until pear is tender.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Musselman's Chunky Apple Sauce. To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 days. Microwave in a microwave-safe glass bowl at HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring at 30-second intervals.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note